Multiple domains

Hello everyone, I would like to have several domain names on the same project. Is it possible ? I’m on “Iwantmyname”. The main one is working but I don’t understand how to add a second one.
Thank you

Yes, it is possible to have multiple domain names pointing to the same project. However, the process may differ depending on the hosting provider and domain registrar you are using.

Assuming that you have already purchased the additional domain name(s) and that your project is hosted on a web server, the general steps to add the second domain name are as follows:

1. Log in to your domain registrar’s website and navigate to the DNS management section for the domain name you want to add.
  2. Create a new DNS record (usually a CNAME or A record) that points to the IP address of your web server where your project is hosted.
  3. Once the DNS record has propagated (this may take up to 24-48 hours), you can add the second domain name to your project. The exact steps for doing this will depend on your hosting provider and the type of project you are using.

For example, if you are using a content management system like WordPress, you may need to add the new domain name as a new domain alias in your web server’s control panel or in your WordPress settings.

If you are using a platform like Iwantmyname, they have a help page on adding additional domains to a project. You can follow the instructions on that page to add your second domain name to your project.

In summary, adding a second domain name to your project involves creating a DNS record that points to your web server’s IP address and then configuring your project to recognize the new domain name. The specific steps for doing this will depend on your hosting provider and the type of project you are using.