Load more button for blog

Anyone know a simple way to make a load more button on the page? I want to do this for a blog and some photography stuff at the bottom of my page. Thanks

Hi! I’m afraid there is no a simple solution, you may need to use custom JavaScript or CSS to achieve the desired functionality. Just as an optional idea and if you have in settings of container with your content the “pagination”, you can enable it. When users view your content, they will see the specified number of items per page and a “Load More” button at the bottom of the container. Clicking the button will load the next set of items, and so on until all items have been loaded. I’m not fuly sure, because, I can’t find the notes abt that. Also, in Readymag might be a limits to certain types of content, such as blog posts and projects. It may not be suitable for all types of content, such as image galleries.

Yes, you can implement a “Load More” button using JavaScript and AJAX (Asynchronous JavaScript and XML) to dynamically load more content onto the page without having to reload the entire page. Here’s a simple example that you can adapt to your needs:

Create a container element to hold the content that you want to load more of. For example, you could use a div element with an ID of "content".

Create a button element with an ID of "load-more" or something similar.

Add an event listener to the button element that listens for a click event.

In the event listener function, make an AJAX request to a server-side script that returns more content to add to the container element.

When the AJAX request completes successfully, append the new content to the container element.

Here’s a basic code example:

HTML:

Load More

JavaScript:
var loadMoreButton = document.getElementById(‘load-more’);
loadMoreButton.addEventListener(‘click’, function() {
var xhr = new XMLHttpRequest();
xhr.onreadystatechange = function() {
if (this.readyState === 4 && this.status === 200) {
var newContent = this.responseText;
var contentContainer = document.getElementById(‘content’);
contentContainer.innerHTML += newContent;
}
};
xhr.open(‘GET’, ‘path/to/server-side/script’, true);
xhr.send();
});

Note that this is just a basic example and you may need to customize it to fit your specific needs. Additionally, if you’re not familiar with AJAX and server-side scripting, you may want to seek out some additional resources to learn more about those topics.