Code export: What do I need to know?

I am about to sign up for a paid subscription to Readymag. Could someone knowledgeable please clue me in to the workflow and limitations of Readymag’s Code Export?
I would like to create a magazine and then export it for hosting on my website or a client’s website.

1. Will this magazine still work as set up (ie. responsive for desktop, tablet and mobile screen sizes) once code exported to another website?
  2. Is this essentially the same as an FTP process for uploading HTML5 to a directory of a website, or are there other issues I need to be aware of?
  3. Where could I find a step-by-step guide for uploading exported code from Readymag to another website?
  4. Does anyone have any experience of this process having any negative effect on the website it is uploaded to?

Thank you.

Hello Barry! Here is our step-by-step guide on code export. You can contact our support team at support@readymag.com if you have any further questions :pray:

One thing to relate from our own experience is that Readymag’s renaming of images on upload leads to VERY long filepaths. This can cause issues with Windows-based hosting setups. We ended up having to manually rename files and then find and replace references in the code.

Most off the peg hosting will be linux based though so unless your client is a larger business who host their own site (and are therefore more likely to be all in on MS) you should be okay.

If you can possibly do so, I’d always suggest you host on Readymag and simply point a subdomain like magazine.mydomain.com at the publication – you’ll save yourself a lot of headaches (though of course I know from experience this isn’t always possible!).

Good luck!